1) Design and execute final production of book covers (front/back/spine) for titles across the PENDIUM imprints, ensuring focus on market categories and customer needs.
2) Prepare and package final files for delivery to meet print vendor requirements.
3) Work closely with the Production and Editorial Departments to ensure books are produced efficiently, on time, and with high quality standards.
4) Review color proofs for quality.
1) Candidate must be a self starter with great design ideas, including familiarity with standard design concepts relating to book publishing, but creative enough to introduce fresh and innovative looks.
2) Technically proficient: expertise in Quark, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and Reader
3) Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to perform a variety of tasks under multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Impeccable time management and organizational skills to keep projects on schedule.
4) Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external sources, at all levels of the organization.
5) Experience in design and layout. Should possess a complete understanding of the production layout process.
Pay Rate: Pay rate is variable and as a result, designers should submit a per cover design rate on their resume.
Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking an experienced editor to work on an as needed basis. The individual will edit book projects for publication, so it remains imperative that all manuscripts receive the utmost attention and care – being returned with zero errors in order to provide the best professionalism to our authors.
Selected editor can work from home, with the majority of the communication between publisher and freelance editor done primarily by computer/email/phone calls. Selected individual may work very closely with all departments, including marketing, creative services (art and design), and production.
Candidate should be creative, a self-starter, exceptionally organized and have the ability to multi-task. Strong communication skills and reading/writing skills are essential. The ability to prioritize, be pro-active, and work independently is required. Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Prior editing experience preferred. Must have an interest in literature.
Samples of editing work and/or website highlighting your experience and previous clients is highly preferred in finding a suitable candidate.
Please do not send large files by email.
Forward resume to email@example.com
Qualified candidate will be responsible for helping to develop, implement, and maintain search engine optimization (SEO) and social media marketing by using all appropriate techniques and resources available. The ideal candidate is a self-proclaimed social networking expert who actively uses any or all of the following: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, MySpace and any other new media platforms. We are looking for someone who knows what is hot now and what is next, with an intended goal of reaching writers in regards to our publishing services. You should have a passion for exploring cutting edge social networking platforms and have a personal online brand utilizing the latest tools and techniques to stay connected to friends, family and colleagues.
In this role, you will be responsible for professionally representing our company and what sets us apart from our competitors. You will be responsible for building relationships to generate awareness of our creative platform. Beyond simply social networking, this person must become a passionate brand steward for our company!
The successful candidate must possess a high energy level, attention to detail, strong work ethic, and entry level experience in marketing, communications, business, journalism, advertising, new media, computer programming or similar work experience. Writing skills are essential.
Please do not send large files by email.
We want you to have the same great experience working with us as our current authors have had.
Your information will not be sol